Saturday, April 24, 2010

Female Earthquakes

Okay, this might as well be titled "Women's Rights Bitch Fit #2". I know I've posted about this before, but I still ALWAYS feel like breaking something every time I read something like the following:

“Many women who do not dress modestly lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes,” the cleric, Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, was quoted as saying by Iranian media.
Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous, to say the least. And I really shouldn't still be surprised to hear such things, especially from such a pretentious, sad and pathetic little man like Mr. Sedighi. Just to clear things up, I'm not bitching out at him because he's a man. I mean, even though I'm pretty much up to here with them at the moment, there are good men out there (note to self: look up the directions to Out There). Instead, I'm taking out my torches and pitchforks because he's a stupid sexist extremist hiding behind a twisted version of what was meant to be a beautiful religion.

So Mr. Sedighi, I know that you probably don't even know how to turn on a computer, considering your well-rounded skills in being ignorant. I know that even if you were listening to me, you wouldn't really listen just because a) I'm a woman and b) you can't deal with having to stand up for your beliefs, because deep down you know they're shallow and erroneous, and c) I fall under the exact category of women you're describing, in terms of dressing sense. I know that you probably had no choice about being brought up the way you were and I feel sorry for your lack of personal motivation to know more and to change. I know that you probably have sex issues with your wife, if you have one (or two, or four, I don't know how these things work over there), which are probably to blame in your ridiculous and uncalled-for declaration about women. I know all that, I promise.

But hey, if you were, for some reason, listening to me, I wouldn't dare bore you with explanations about plate tectonics and the causes of an earthquake. That you could get even in the most outdated science book in the planet. Instead, I'd just flash you and give you the finger and say you know what? You're absolutely right about women being the leading factor behind earthquakes. We don't even have to try. Just our presence in this planet is enough to move the earth. Women do rock the world.

ASSHOLE.
*