Tuesday, March 10, 2009

To hell with this world's rules of 'normality' - Some things are meant to be loud!

Just for the record, no one is normal and no one will ever be. Normal doesn't even exist. To me it is absolutely acceptable to want a day off, from time to time. Especially when there is no school on a blessed Tuesday, it is completely acceptable to want the day for yourself and no one else, to want to do nothing all day and to go out at night after reckless fun, to forget about your responsibilities and simply lie in bed daydreaming, to muse about life in the sun and to watch re-runs on TV until your whole body is sore. To me, the one unacceptable thing is to criticize others for their not wanting to comply with the image you have of them, to call them and say their life is pathetic simply because it doesn't fit well with yours.

And that's that.

So here's something a little more cheerful I woke up to write last night. Hopefully it will turn into a song.

SOME THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE LOUD
like my desperate cry of untanglement
from last year's black hole
and my hopeless yearning for the one
looming ahead
and the sound of my new guitar
playing along to Jimi's (in my mind)
and that funny noise your hands
lead me to make that night
and my ultra-solid 'fuck you' to
that girl from school
and my ear-to-ear smile as I realized
I had a new friend
You see,
SOME THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE LOUD
and that's why I write about them
with no gain, bass up, and treble down
SOME THINGS ARE MEANT TO BE LOUD
(I hope my pen is loud enough)

No comments: