Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let them eat cake!

Today I want to believe in Marie Antoinette's famous "Let them eat cake!" quote. She never really said it, unlike what most people think. I think it was the French king's lover three generations back who said it.

Anyways.

I wish Marie Antoinette had said it. When people come up to you and say, secretly fishing for gossip material, "what will other people say? what will they do? OH MY GOD!", I really wish I could give them the finger, shrug, and walk away after spitting a "let them eat cake".

Oh, why do people have to talk? Stupid question, I know.
I guess I'm just not one of those people who can do anything with reckless abandon. Even though most of what I do isn't clear in my head and even though I had an amazing time being reckless last night, I just have to let it loose in my thoughts the next day. Fuck. This is me pushing boundaries like last year all over again.

But hey, it was FUN.
And I like FUN.
I'm sure my unquenchable desire for FUN will get me into serious trouble. It already does, what am I talking about?
Man, hangovers are the best for feeding my need to write.
Ugh, I'd sworn I'd never drink another tequila again last time I had it, but my quest for FUN as usual sabotaged my plea. Ew, I'm gonna throw up if I keep thinking about that.

I'm going on and on about nonsense (like Kerouac and Salinger) but all I wanna say is screw the rest, I like fun, I'm so fucking in love with life, and let the rest of them eat cake.

*

No comments: