Monday, November 5, 2007

extraordinary

Okay. Now I'm ready to talk about the weekend.
Not much REALLY happened, just so much in my head.
Some things that DID happen:
-Learned how to use a fire extinguisher
-Went skinny-dipping (hahah yeah I really did)
-Ran into my childhood best friend's parents and brother
-Heard the hugest tree fall right beside my beach house
-Spent two hours wrting my fucking internal assessment (and now I's a super expert on Marie Antoinette)
-Spent hours in the sun
-Some LL behaviour (heheh not telling)
-I admit I did think about golden tipped lashes quite a bit
-Thought about "refunding" snail shells by mail

Now the guilty pleasure:
Extraordinary by Mandy Moore

I was a bay tree
Quiet and unseen
I lived in stories but inside I kept a mystery
I was a starling
Nobody’s darling
Flying in perfect circles
Just for company

[Chorus]
And now I’m ready
And now I’m ready
And now I’m ready to be
Extraordinary

A midnight airplane
A window blowing
I know I am another sparkle in the sky
I shine on copper
Still undiscovered
But you must see me in the corner of your eye

[Chorus]

Waking up to a week of Sundays
I am my own parade
Stopping off at a sidewalk cafe
The wind is playing in the trees
Kicking up confetti leaves
Sings as if it’s all to say

[Chorus]



xoxo*

No comments: