Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You Had Me at "Whales and Polar Bears"

Sometimes whole days will go by and I won't even notice.

I'll be holding my breath, busy wanting the sun, the seas and the stars... until my legs dissolve underneath me and I choke to death on yearning for the touch of a certain pair of hands on my fire and the feel of a certain set of lips on my ice.

The unfeeling feeling lingers on until I realize it's all in my head and I shake myself alive, only to find that I will never fully recover from that sweet sleepwalking state that made me laugh when in pain and cry when in pleasure.

Avoiding it is not at all impossible - just accompanied by regret. So I'll just succumb to this sensation and bow to what he's said: "if music be the food of love, play on."

*

4 comments:

TalkingToxic said...

did you write this??
because it's amazing.
I love the imagery that's in it, it's just a beautiful play on words.

Free Flowers said...

Wow, thanks! Hahah yes, I did write it... except for the last line, which is a quote from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" :)

I watched the video - it's hilarious!! Hahah I love the video of your dog too, by the way!

Free Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Free Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.